MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Location: file:///C:/90599145/SecondarySchoolApprenticeship-Webpage.htm Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Type: text/html; charset="us-ascii"
Secondary School Apprenticeship is a program that provides students in Grades 12 the opportunity to start an apprenticeship while completing secondary school and get a head start on accumulating workp= lace training hours while they are in high school.
A secondary school apprentice will:
· = &nb= sp; Learn skills that may not be offered through secondary school elective courses.
· = &nb= sp; Earn up to 16 graduation credits (SSA 11A, 11B, 12A, and 12B).
· = &nb= sp; Accumulate up to 480 hours work-based training toward first-year apprenticeship.
· = &nb= sp; Receive a Secondary School Apprenticeship certificate upon graduation <= o:p>
· = &nb= sp; Qualify to apply for a $1000 cash scholarship
Check out the Industry
Training Authority website (www.itabc.ca) - More than 150 trades and industry choices! =
APPRENTICESHIP & TRADES RESOURCES TO EXPLORE